Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I have many, many things to be thankful for! With chamber music, I am thankful for:
- the ability to experience such wonderful music. Listening to classical music transports me on an emotional journey every time.
- amazing artists who are willing to share their talents onstage during performances and so often their knowledge offstage as teachers.
- youth who continue to learn and play traditional and contemporary classical music
- patrons who attend concerts. Without the audience, it is just a one sided conversation.
- reviewers – offering informed opinions, spreading the word about chamber music – without you, chamber music would not have the reach it does
- composers – both those from long ago who sometimes lived through great difficulties but composed no matter what the circumstances, and those from present day who continue to create new and inspiring music
- instrument makers who craft new pieces and maintain original instruments so those instruments can continue to share their amazing sounds
Enjoy the weekend and perhaps find a moment to put on a piece of classical music that you are grateful to have.